one too many reps   

Probably one of the least understood categories and least explored in bodybuilding. Here we discuss mental techniques and principles to help you overcome your challenges.

one too many reps

Postby AbeGillis » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:17 am

Hi Wade,

While I was doing squats today something happened that I thought I should tell you about, I was on the last set and I screwed up on one rep so I decided to do an extra rep to make up for the bad one, but as soon as I finished that rep I immediately felt a sharp pain on both sides of my head, any idea why this might have happened?
AbeGillis

Postby WadeLightheart » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:46 am

First off consult with a licensed physician as I am not qualified to diagnose or treat any illnesses.

Second be sure you are not holding your breath when squatting as this increases blood pressure which can cause huge pressure gradiants inside your arteries which constrict and then expand rapidly resulting in sharp pains and possible artery or capillary rupture.

Many athletes myself included have gone through this debilitating condition called exercise induced migraines so don't mess around see a doctor today.

Also no all out efforts on your training as these are counterproductive to your gains.
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

Return to Training Psychology