music, friend or foe?   

Here we discuss advanced recovery techniques to help you recover faster from the ultra intense training in Freaky Big Naturally Training Systems.

music, friend or foe?

Postby andrew.r. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:46 pm

you state in FBN that listening to classical or peaceful music after a strenous workout has therapeutic effects on the body helping it reach a level of homeostasis in which the parasympathetic nervous system keeps us in the state we want during recovery.

i was just curious as to what was best prior to a workout. can one listen to ubpeat music to 'psyche' themsleves up or is this juvenile or second rate compared to internalising and visualising in silence?

to me music can be a great motivator. otherwise by learning of these 'masters of the east' and their ways, will i be better equipped with tools that truly inspire and motivate me without me having to resort to music for motivation?

you're opinion on this would be much appreciated Wade. Thanks
andrew.r.

Postby RODNEYROCHESTER » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:35 pm

Really though,
you need to experiment for yourself since everyone is different on the account of pre-workout intrests.
m/e days for me it's heavy metal/hardcore hip-hop.
most other workout days whatever is upbeat and positive.
RODNEYROCHESTER

Postby WadeLightheart » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:44 am

Rodney's right about styles to listen too.

I like no music but I got deep into meditation before this was possible.

Interestingly in Power vs Force David Hawkins goes very deep into this topic and the answers might surprise people here.
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

Return to Recovery Techniques and Modalities