Lactic Acid   

Here we discuss advanced recovery techniques to help you recover faster from the ultra intense training in Freaky Big Naturally Training Systems.

Lactic Acid

Postby Chris Nims » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:46 pm

I've taken two cold hot cold hot cold showers since my leg workout 1 day ago, and I've been stretching a lot as well, but i still can't walk right or sit down right. Any advice.
Chris Nims

Postby WadeLightheart » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:09 am

Chris,

Great work. Delayed onset muscle soreness is what you are experiencing often time called DOMS. I would be surprised if you were not experiencing extreme soreness from the program especially at the beginning.

To get big there is no way around this fact. It is important that you mentally transfer the pain of muscle soreness in your mind to soreness means growth. When you have great workouts like in the Freaky Big Naturally Program your hitting some fibers that have never been used in your life.

This pain is the deep down growth zone, keep working through it eventually you will adapt somewhat so it won't bother you so much.
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

Soreness is PART OF THE GAME...

Postby MattGallant » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:12 am

LOL... You must of just done the 11 sets of squats? If so, it's INEVITABLE that you'll be sore as hell.

You'll actually feel better once you train them AGAIN.

Personally... I like the pain. By I'm sick and twisted... :twisted:

Matt
Matt G
Get in the club... Become a Freaky Insider at
http://www.freakyinsider.com
MattGallant

Postby Chris Nims » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:37 am

Believe me I like the pain, it makes me feel like I've accomplished something good. The only thing is im worried what will happen if it doesn't go away before my next workout. By the way, I want to commend both of you, Wade and Matt, on your excellent work and successful lives and careers.
Chris Nims

Postby KalebBrody » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:00 am

i got so sore in my legs that i couldnt walk that well either and it was hard to sit down...this is my first time to get THIS SORE in my lower body ever,and im only on the primer program.....lol....the Freaky Growth program is gonna kick my ass....lol :)
lets get ready to Rumble.....
KalebBrody

Postby WadeLightheart » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:11 am

If your still sore work out anyway you will actually feel better after just be sure to warm up well.

Here's a little story of mine about leg soreness. When I was getting ready for my first National Championships I realized that I had to improve my legs a great deal to even look half decent next to those top veteran guys. I have about the lousiest genetics you could imagine for bodybuilding but I wasn't going to let that stop me from building a great physique.

I followed an insanely brutal training routine similiar to the Freaky Big Naturally program you guys are on. I could not walk right for months straight. I would be walking down the street just like IGOR in the Movie Men and Black.

I would fall down on my face several times a day because if I bent my legs even a little bit while walking I would hit the deck. People stared at me, my friends made fun of me, and my girlfriend at the time thought I was completely insane and begged me to stop.

But I wanted those wheels baaaaaadddddd...

The show came 9 months later and I can proudly say I had a great set of legs. But yeah... I paid the price and would gladly do it again.

Beleive when you guys have been training as long as I have you will love to tell people about these "war stories". :)
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

Mind recovery

Postby FabioMatos » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:23 pm

I know exactly what Chris means because I worked my calves so hard on week 2/day 1 of the FBF 4day routine that I couldn't perform the exercise again on day 4. I really tried, but I coudn't complete one single rep. I followed Wade's guidelines: concentration, full range of motion, squeeze the muscle and fight the flex. And the most impressive is that I only used machine's minimal weight. Now I can see the real importance of rest. Not only body rest, but mind rest too. After my last week workout's I felt my mind "tired". I know I need to improve my recovery. That's why this weekend I recorded some Vivaldi's and Mozart's songs to listen after my next workouts and I began to read some articles about Krya Yoga on the internet.
Fabio Matos
FabioMatos

Postby WadeLightheart » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:27 am

Fabio,

Glad your looking into the recovery aspects. Keep in mind that it is normal to be intensly sore for awhile after training this intensely. The FBN program is intense that's for sure.

Be sure to follow all the recovery modalities covered in the manual and especially lots of deep breathing you would be surprised how effective this can be.

Also get your nutrition on track as this is critical to recovering.

Keep working it my friend.
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

leg soreness

Postby Billy joe Fife » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:59 pm

I feel your pain and love it. I find that when you get sore the next day or the day after. Just do the next workout and the pain seems to just go away. Be sure to stretch and Brethe deeply and you will break up all of the Lactic Acid in your muscles.
Billy joe Fife
Billy joe Fife

Postby WadeLightheart » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:52 am

You Nailed Billy Joe.
WadeLightheart
Site Admin

Re: Lactic Acid

Postby sen » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:13 am

Hey everyone! my first time on the forum. Great info on here. Well done :)

I so can relate to all the body soreness. When I was suppose to do the 11x11 squats I was thinking about it the day before, and I thought that there was no way I could get through it. I was actually still sore from Fridays workout, and now Monday was the insane squats. But when I got to the gym, I got through it, and felt really good. Now when I do the lower sets and reps of squats its so much easier.
If you experience issues with doing any exercises or experience discomfort or pain while doing the exercises, use the roller to roll out tightness and also stretch. I find that those things really help. Try to stay as flexible as possible.
The things I'm having issues with is that my knees are now cracking a bit. I have joint problems after doing professional gymnastics when I was younger. I've started wearing my knee brace with magnets again, see how that goes. I've also decided to use the Smith machine for about a month now for squats, lunges and possibly even chest press. I'm a bit wobbly when I do it with the free weights BB. Last Monday when I did squats on free weight bb I still had my hip swinging out and I've been working on correcting this. Then when I had to do lunges, my knees just gave in and I almost couldn't get up, I nearly fell over, tried the other leg also, and the same thing happened. I lowered the weight and same thing. So I used db's to do the lunges. So I'm thinking that maybe using the smith machine may be best to work on improving my form and building more strength as I can go up in weights on that one, as it doesn't allow me to swing out. What are your thoughts on this? Does anyone have any advise or information to share? Would love to hear it.

I'm also having issues sleeping some days, especially on the days that I workout straight after work. So I finish my workout around dinner time. We generally have dinner between 7.30-8pm.
I'm actually really tired physically, but when I get to bed my mind starts racing, sometimes I clench my teeth, and I just feel that my body and muscels can't relax.
Before going to bed most nights I do a meditation/massage thing. I sit down and do some deep breathing, then still breath while massaging different points around my face, head and neck. I also do a headstand with deep breathing and holding my breath and releasing, and then followed by some more deep breathing.
I also do other forms of meditation at least a few times a week, and on my days off from the gym I try to do some Yoga also.
I do take Matcha powder with or before my workout. It is an energy booster. I am thinking of having it a bit earlier as it's a slow release. What do you guys take/do to boost energy at the gym?
Any recommendations and/or advice on my sleeping issue?

I'm still on the foundation program I think on week 6.
Look forward to all the comments.
sen

Return to Recovery Techniques and Modalities